Singapore - TÜV SÜD PSB has just been officially recognized as a Notified Body for the Gulf Technical Regulation for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances (BD-142004-01)! This allows us to evaluate electrical equipment and appliances for compliance to Gulf Type Examination Certificate with immediate effect.
The list of products under this certification include:
- Electrical Fans
- Clothes Dryers/Washing Machines
- Food Grinders/Mixers/Juice Extractor
- Hair Dressing Apparatus/Hand Dryers
- Domestic electric heating apparatus
- Microwave Ovens
- Cookers/Cooking Plates/Boiling Rings/Grillers/Roasters
- Instantaneous/Storage Water Heaters
- Electric Irons
- Plugs/Socket outlets/Adaptors/Cord extension sets/Chargers
- Air Conditioners
Like the European CE marking / directives for the safety and electromagnetic compatibility of low voltage electrical/electronic products, the Gulf Conformity Marking is a mandatory requirement for manufacturers, importers and distributors who are interested in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) market, which includes seven GCC Member States (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Yemen).
The compliance to this certification greatly reduces technical barriers to market access to the GCC market, which is a region with phenomenal growth over the last few years. All certified products shall carry the special G-marking, before being sold on the market.