The CCC Mark is a mandatory requirement for both domestically manufactured products and products imported into China, and is administered by a number of government agencies. Automotive products that require the CCC Mark includes whole, completed or incomplete vehicles that fall in the L, M and N category, as well as motorcycles in the O category.
The CCC Mark is also mandatory for a broad range of automotive components, which can be further broken down into three categories:
- Safety parts and accessories (applicable to both vehicles and motorcycles)
- Electrical and electronics
- Power train and chassis
- External lighting and signalling products
- Body and main vehicle parts, and other miscellaneous auto parts
- Safety glass (applicable to vehicles only)
- Laminated glass A
- Laminated glass B
- Zone-tempered glass
- Tempered glass
- Vehicle tyres (applicable to both vehicles and motorcycles)
- Radial ply tyres
- Diagonal tyres
- Ultra-light truck tyres
- Light truck tyres
- Medium/heavy truck tyres
- Motorcycle tyres
Obtaining the CCC Mark is a five-step process that involves a comprehensive assessment of a product’s performance as well as a thorough factory inspection conducted in the country of manufacture. Following that, it is mandatory for annual audits to be conducted to ensure that the CCC certification is properly maintained.
1. Application for CCC certification
Applicants are required to prepare and submit all necessary documents as well as the application for accreditation to the Chinese authority.
2. Acceptance of application
Once documents are accepted, the applicant will receive a CCC factory code for the specific product along with the requirements for product testing.
3. Product testing
One product test for each certification unit must be performed according to the Chinese Guobiao (GB) standards. All product testing has to be conducted in accredited test labs in China, and this will take from two to eight weeks, depending on the product.
4. Factory audit
Two auditors will be sent for the factory audit inspection, which will ensure that the manufacturing facility meets quality controls under CCC requirements. This entire process can
last from one to five days.
5. Printing permission of CCC Mark granted
Once application is approved, the CCC mark will be assigned. Certified products must bear the original CCC Mark sticker as well as the factory code before it can be exported to China.
As one of the world’s leading independent technical service organisation, TÜV SÜD provides type approval and homologation services to help automotive manufacturers and suppliers manage the entire CCC certification process and achieve business expansion.
Enjoy the following business benefits when you work with TÜV SÜD:
- Maintain a single point of contact who understands your business and the requirements to meet your specific certification needs in China
- Save time and money by letting us assess your products for multiple type approval requirements in a single, streamlined process
- Minimise risks by using our services to avoid loss of sales revenue from being denied access to your customers in China
- Access the largest automotive market quickly with the help of our local experts to meet certification requirements ahead of official deadlines
Supported by our global network of testing facilities and homologation experts, we offer the complete range of project management services to help you manage the whole certification project, from start to end, ensuring a smooth CCC type approval process. TÜV SÜD provides a single contact point who understands all your requirements and speaks your language for the following services:
- Type approval support services
- Component testing
- Post-certification support
TÜV SÜD also provides multi regulation management services, where we help you understand and identify the overlaps and evolving requirements of different regulations so that you can achieve multiple certifications within one project.