OHSAS 18001:2007 / SS 506 Part 1:2009 is an essential management system for your business, along with quality, environment and other management systems. It will help your company reduce direct and indirect costs while preventing injuries in the workplace. By conforming to OHSAS 18001:2007 / SS 506 Part 1:2009, your company safeguards its stakeholders – employees, suppliers and customers – from risk.
The OHSAS 18001:2007 / SS 506 Part 1:2009 Certification Scheme is an OH&S standard. It is designed to enable organisations to control risks and improve performance in the area of OH&S. OHSAS 18001:2007 / SS 506 Part 1:2009 places a proactive and preventative emphasis on risk-control factors by identifying and assessing the likelihood and severity of hazards in the workplace.
This two-day course gives a brief introduction to the requirements of OHS Management System. The main emphasis of this course is to provide the knowledge and skills for participants to plan and conduct effective internal audits on OHS management system, and enable them to report audit findings clearly and undertake effective follow-up audit on corrective actions taken so as to ensure continual improvement.
- Introduction to management system and its basic components
- The PLAN-DO-CHECK-ACT Cycle Model
- OH&S Management System Model
- OHSAS 18001:2007 / SS 506 Part 1:2009 Management System requirements
- Basic Principle of an effective OHS Management System
- Hazards Identification & Risk Assessment
- Basic Principle of effective OHS Management System
- Overview of Workplace Safety and Health Legislation
- Overview of Legal Requirements
- The requirements and benefits of Internal OHS Audit
- Plan and Conduct OHS audit - Disciplines and Methodology
- Development of audit checklist based on risk assessment findings
- Report audit findings and initiate corrective and preventive actions
- Ensure continual OHS improvement through effective
- Follow-up audit
Who Should Attend?
Managers, Safety professionals, Occupational Health and Safety Management Representatives, Internal Quality Auditors, Management and all those wants to implement an effective OHS management system.
2 Days, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Training Schedule 2018 [ PDF 151 kB ]
Online Registration Form