This CQI IRCA certified ISO 45001:2018 OHSMS Auditor Conversion Course provides existing auditors of other management system disciplines basic training for potential OHSMS Lead Auditors with the knowledge and skills to prepare, conduct, report and follow up 1st, 2nd and 3rd party OHSMS audits. Together with the existing lead auditor certification, this course meets the training requirements for auditor certification by the CQI IRCA.Through tutor-led discussions, exercises, workshops and role-plays, students will gain sufficient knowledge and skills to get prepared as an OHSMS professional.
Note: Delegates who have not successfully completed a CQI and IRCA Certificated (or acceptable alternative) Lead Auditor Training course in another discipline are unlikely to complete this 24 hour course successfully and will find the 40 hour ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor (OHSMS) Training course more appropriate.
Who Should Attend
Existing auditors of other management system disciplines:
- Members/supporting personnel of other management systems who have responsibility to audit/implement/improve a OHSMS;
- Any other personnel who wish to advance their career in management systems, irrespective of discipline.
Students are expected to have prior knowledge on the following subjects:
- Management systems: PDCA cycle and management system elements
- OHS management: concepts of managing OHS through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements; relationship between OHS management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance; Common examples of relevant OHS legislation and requirements
- ISO 45001: Commonly used terms and definitions and requirements which may be gained by completing a CQI IRCA certified ISO 45001 Foundation course.
- Knowledge of management systems audit through satisfactory completion of a CQI IRCA Certified Lead Auditor course (or acceptable alternative).
OHS management principles, vocabulary and ISO 45001 requirements;
Stage 1 audit (including document review);
On-site audit; writing NC reports;
Audit follow up
Course duration is 24 hours (classroom) including a 1:40 hour written examination.
* Certificates will only be issued to participants with 100% full attendance.
Training Schedule 2018 [ PDF 427 kB ]
Online Registration Form
CQI IRCA Certified courses are conducted under the license of, and certificates are issued in collaboration with ALC 06022954.