The purpose of this training course is to provide knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of Energy Management Systems (EnMS) against ISO 50001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Capitalizing on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as an EnMS auditor or professional.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2 hour closed book examination will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Completion. Based on CQI IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as a CQI IRCA registered EnMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
On completion, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an energy management system, of energy management systems standards, of management system audit and of third party certification.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up energy management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an EnMS to establish conformance (or otherwise) with ISO 50001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
- General introduction
- Energy management principles, vocabulary and ISO 50001 requirements
- Stage 1 audit (including document review)
- Audit planning
- Process auditing and audit skills
- Writing NC reports and audit reporting; Audit follow up
CQI IRCA advises students to have the following prior knowledge in:
- Energy management: the principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow; relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards; the typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency; energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling; energy use data analysis methods; energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement; the impact of organizational processes and equipment on energy efficiency; electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers
- The requirements of ISO 50001, which may be gained by completing a CQI IRCA certified EnMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
Who Should Attend?
- Line/Support function personnel who are involved in EnMS implementation
- Staff who are charged with the responsibility to develop and maintain an EnMS
- All EnMS auditors who wish to acquire an internationally recognized auditor status
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed to students to be familiar with the style of the examination.
5 Days (40 hours including a 2 hour written examination)
Training Schedule 2018 [ PDF 151 kB ]
Online Registration Form
CQI IRCA Certified courses are conducted under the license of, and certificates are issued in collaboration with ALC 06022954.