Become an OH&S professional with a combination of e-learning module and instructor-led training
About the ISO 45001 IRCA courses
TÜV SÜD has developed these ISO 45001 courses for professionals who wish to have a role in implementing and/or auditing Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management Systems.
The ISO 45001 e-learning (Duration: 3.5 hours) will provide learners a platform to build up a good foundation on the standard prior to attending the instructor-led class. You will be introduced to the basics of setting up an OH&S management system —from understanding the concepts and benefits, to the key requirements of the standard. At the face-to-face training, you will then be able to put your knowledge into practice and discuss the topic with the trainer and other learners.
At the end of the course, you will walk away with a good understanding of each aspect of the OH&S Management system and be well equipped to improve your organisation’s OH&S performance with the intent to prevent work related injury and ill health, fulfill compliance obligations and maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Available ISO 45001 IRCA courses
Available ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management Systems courses include:
- ISO 45001:2018 E-learning Course & Auditor Migration (CQI IRCA 1856 + 17926) Instructor-led Course (2 days)
- ISO 45001:2018 E-learning Course & Auditor Conversion (CQI IRCA 1922) Instructor-led Course (3 Days)
- ISO 45001:2018 E-learning Course & Lead Auditor (CQI IRCA 1880) Instructor-led Course (5 Days)
Prerequisite: The e-learning course must be taken prior to attending the instructor-led course.
What are the benefits of enrolling in the ISO 45001 IRCA courses?
1. How do I enroll for the course?
To enroll, simply fill up the contact form below, and we will contact you shortly for registration.
2. What is included in the course?
Each course consists of the ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems Internal Auditor E-learning (Modules 1 – 3) & an instructor-led training.
You get access to our e-learning content along with the assessments that will help you understand the topics in depth. In the event of any technical difficulties, you can contact us for support.
3. What is the course methodology?
The e-learning course consists of a variety of training tools such as content-embedded assessment, simulations, and other interactive exercises which are used to enhance instructional delivery. Easily accessible via your preferred choice of device, the course allows you to log in and learn whenever, wherever. Participants will learn through role plays, case studies, group exercises, scenarios and discussions.
Building upon the knowledge gained from the e-learning course, students will gain sufficient knowledge and skills to get prepared as an OH&S Management Systems professional through tutor-led discussions, exercises, workshops and role-plays.
4. Are there any tests in the middle of the course?
For the e-learning, there are interactive quizzes throughout the course to gauge your understanding of the lectures. As for the instructor-led training, there are no in-between assessments, but case studies will be included. For more information on the assessments involved for each course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 6885 1667.
5. Can I get a refund if I cancel my enrolment?
Yes, please contact us at email@example.com or call +65 6885 1667 for more details.
6. Upon completion of the course, would I get a certificate for completion?
Yes, you will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
7. Who developed the course and what are their qualifications?
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD. With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements. The experts also undergo relevant upskilling programmes, benefitting from TÜV SÜD’s 150 years of expertise and global heritage.
8. Which companies will find ISO 45001 certification appropriate?
ISO 45001:2018 is a generic standard and can be applied to all kinds of organisations and set ups irrespective of their nature, type and size of business. It lays a set of guidelines that establish a framework by specifying requirements for your organisation's OH&S Management Systems. Aligning your organisation's OH&S Management Systems with ISO 45001:2018 can significantly mitigate risk by enhancing safety and lowering the incidents of injury and disease in workplace.
9. What should we be doing to help us with migration to ISO 45001?
The steps to migrate from your current OHSAS 18001 certificate to the ISO 45001:2018 standard will follow the rules defined by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF). Depending on your current certification, transition will take one of the following routes:
- An accredited OHSAS 18001 certificate will be migrated through a seamless process to ISO 45001:2018 during the 3 years after publication as described by IAF.
- A non-accredited OHSAS 18001 certificate will follow a specific procedure which will make the transition to ISO 45001:2018 as smooth as possible.
10. Does ISO 45001 replace OHSAS 18001?
ISO 45001:2018 replaces OHSAS 18001 as the primary international standard for OH&S management systems. It is expected that organisations currently holding OHSAS 18001 certification will have three years to recertify to the requirements in the new standard.
11. Has ISO 45001 been published?
The ISO 45001:2018 standard was released on 12th March, 2018.
12. What are the key features of ISO 45001:2018?
Although ISO 45001 constitutes a fully new standard, its foundations already exist and are formulated in OHSAS 18001. Companies that have already implemented an occupational health and safety management system in accordance with OHSAS 18001, and actively apply it in everyday company practice, can therefore expect a smooth transition to ISO 45001.
Nevertheless, there are some fundamental differences, such as:
- ISO 45001 implements the ‘High Level Structure’ (HLS), giving it a common framework with other management systems, such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- ISO 45001 places great emphasis on the responsibility of senior management. This aspect has already been implemented in the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- ISO 45001 explicitly includes persons who are not permanently employed, but are in other ways working under the responsibility of the organisation/company, such as subcontractors, as well as processes that have been outsourced in their entirely.
- The ISO 45001 standard also introduces the term “opportunities”, as a new aspect in the field of occupational health and safety. This covers issues that go beyond the mere elimination or minimisation of occupational health and safety risks. ISO 45001 will provide new impetus for occupational health and safety practices in organisations. Even experienced health and safety professionals will find that the new regulations provide new incentives for further process enhancements. This translates into additional opportunities for protecting and promoting employees' health and performance, as well as a sustainable improvement of employee motivation.
To contact someone from TÜV SÜD, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 6885 1667.
To know more about TÜV SÜD, please click here.
If you need more details on the course, please fill in the form below and we will contact you: