Security is just as good as the weakest link and many security incidents have reinforced this principle. Ever wonder why organizations still suffer security breaches although large investments have been made to improve their security posture?
Information security threats can come from malicious attacks, unintentional mistakes or acts of God and that these threats can originates from external and internal sources. The theft of proprietary information by exiting staff, the misconfiguration of system settings that leads to business outages, the loss of information that impedes the normal functioning of business operations and unauthorized attacks carried out by hackers to bring shame to the organisations are just some of the obvious threats that can be easily associated to anyone working in a corporate world. Many organisations respond to these information security threats on a reactive basis by implementing appropriate security control measures based on the scenario of the information security breach.
However, Information Security requires a tight coupling among technology, processes and people. Reactive application of information security control does not solve tomorrow’s problem as information security risks keeps evolving. Only holistic management of information security on a proactive basis will help organization be better equipped against loss of opportunity, loss of productivity, and loss of reputation as well as unwanted litigation matters.
Come and attend our highly rated IRCA Registered ISMS Lead Auditor training that will help you acquire the knowledge and skills required to assess the conformance of your organisation to ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS.
An intensive 5-day course based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System (ISMS). This course provides information security professionals with the knowledge and skills required to assess the conformance of an organization's information security management system to ISO/ IEC 27001:2013 ISMS standard.
This course includes instructions, course contents, course duration, examination and administration regulated by the International Register for Certificated Auditors (IRCA).
- Successful completion of this widely accepted qualification will enhance your professional development and promote your credibility through gaining international recognition.
- This course emphasises the Knowledge and skills required to perform audits of Information Security Management Systems ISMS) against the ISMS standards
- The overall aim of this course is to provide you High level understanding of the International standard for Information Security Management System and its applicability in all types of business.
- During this course we will address the roles and responsibilities of top management to enable you to actively test their involvement and commitment in your information security management programme
- Ultimately this course will provide you with the necessary skills to understand the results of your risk assessments and ensure all appropriate controls are deployed and monitored
A classroom-based training designed with a combination of tutorials, hands-on exercises and role-play.
The topics include:
- Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Interpreting ISO/IEC 27001:2013 ISMS management system requirements
- Introduction to Information Security Risk Management
- Introduction to ISO 19011 ISMS Auditor Selection Process
- Information Security Management Audit Process
- Information Security Management Audit Planning & Preparation
- ISMS Audit Execution
- ISMS Audit Recording
- ISMS Corrective Actions Review
Who Should Attend?
- Senior Managers, Managers and Executives who wish to implement a formal Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) in compliance with ISO/IEC 27001 as well as to improve their current business process.
- Existing auditors who wish to expand their auditing skills.
- Professionals who wish to provide advice on ISO 27001 ISMS certification
- IT Professionals
- Compliance and Quality Professionals
5 Days, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
* Certificates will only be issued to participants with 100% full attendance.
Training Schedule 2018 [ PDF 427 kB ]
Online Registration Form
*CQI IRCA Certified courses are conducted under the license of, and certificates are issued in collaboration with Maximus International LLC 01189497.