This 5-day Information Security Management System (ISMS) Lead Auditor training course provides information security professionals with the knowledge and skills required to assess the conformance of an organization's information security management system to ISO/ IEC 27001:2013. Certificate of training is issued by our Associate Training Provider accredited by CQI IRCA.
This course is accredited by CQI IRCA with the instruction, course content, course duration, examination and administration regulated by CQI IRCA. Delegates should note that evening work is required during the course and there will be a two and half hour examination conducted on the final day of the course.
According to the Information Systems Security Certification Consortium 2005 Global Information Security Workforce Study, majority of the corporations are spending their time and money into researching and implementing new technologies. But in reality, information security professionals know that information security is not a technology issue – it’s a people issue.
It is important to change the thinking and recognize that there is every opportunity to consider information security as strategic tools for competitive advantage, increased shareholder value and better management of resources. Such change does not require new technical know-how or security solutions, but rather a new way of assessing them.
Upon successful completion of the CQI IRCA certified ISMS Lead Auditor course, the delegate will be:
- Equipped with knowledge and skills required to perform audits of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) against the ISMS standards
- Satisfiy the training requirements for initial certification as CQI IRCA ISMS auditor. Please refer to http://www.irca.org for details on the requirements to all grades of ISMS auditors
- Increase their credibility through gaining international recognition
- Improve their resume and help to increase earning potential
This classroom-based training is designed with a combination of tutorials, workshop exercises and role-play, including the following topics:
- ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS Overview
- Understanding ISO/IEC 27001 Fundamentals
- Interpreting ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS Requirements
- ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 Audit Programme Overview
- Understanding the Audit Process
- Initiating and Preparing an Audit from ISMS Programme Perspective
- Conducting an Audit from ISMS Programme Perspective
- Reporting, Completing and Follow-Up an Audit
Who Should Attend?
- Audit Programme Coordinators who wish to setup an audit programme within their Organization as recommended by ISO 19011
- Senior and Middle Managers who wish to better understand the philosophy and the requirements of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), and strategizing the implementation
- Managers and Professional Engineers who need to understand the implementation requirements of ISMS program and be equipped with the ability to select credible consultants
- Existing auditors who wish to expand their auditing skills into the field of ISMS
- Professionals who wish to provide advisory on the ISO 27001 ISMS certification expectation
5 Days, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Training Schedule 2018 [ PDF 509 kB ]
Online Registration Form
CQI IRCA Certified courses are conducted under the license of, and certificates are issued in collaboration with ALC Academy 06022954 and TÜV SÜD South Asia.