This CQI IRCA certified ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems Lead Auditor Course provides basic training for potential EMS Lead Auditors and Auditors with the knowledge and skills to prepare, conduct, report and follow up 1st, 2nd and 3rd party EMS audits. The course meets the training requirements for auditor certification set by the Chartered Quality Institute and International Register of Certificated Auditors (CQI IRCA, www.quality.org) of the United Kingdom.
Through tutor-led discussions, exercises, workshops and role-plays, students will gain sufficient knowledge and skills in the entire auditing process and get prepared as an EMS professional.
On completion, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an environmental management system, of EMS standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification, and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance;
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an EMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1, as applicable;
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an EMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 as applicable.
- General Introduction
- Environmental Management Principles, Vocabulary and ISO 14001 requirements
- Stage 1 Audit (including document review)
- Audit Planning
- Process Auditing and Audit Skills
- Writing NC Reports and Audit Reporting
- Audit follow up
Students are expected to have prior knowledge on the following subjects:
- Knowledge of environmental management principles and concepts: the concept of sustainable development; the purpose of an initial environmental review; evaluation of activities, products and services in order to establish the environmental aspects associated with normal/abnormal operating conditions and emergency situations and accidents; considerations of environmental aspects with respect to emission to air, release to water and release to land; use of raw materials, natural resources and energy; energy emitted and lost; public nuisance; environmental legislation and how legal compliance forms part of an EMS; typical methods for evaluation of the significant impacts of the environmental aspects identified;
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001, which may be gained by completing a CQI IRCA certified EMS Foundation Training course or equivalent before joining this EMS Lead Auditor Course.
Who Should Attend?
- Members/supporting personnel of the Environmental Management Team who have responsibility to audit/implement/improve an environmental management system;
- Personnel who are involved in operation/engineering/purchasing who wish to gain maximum benefit from the EMS implementation; and
- Any other personnel who wish to advance their career in management systems, irrespective of discipline.
Note: Participants are suggested to have a good understanding of ISO 14001:2015 requirements or audit experience before attending this training.
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed throughout the course to help students to be familiar with the style of the questions.
5 Days (40 hours including a 2 hour written examination)
9:00 am to 6:00 pm (Everyday)
Training Schedule 2018 [ PDF 713 kB ]
Online Registration Form
CQI IRCA Certified courses are conducted under the license of, and certificates are issued in collaboration with ALC 06022954 .