Risks and opportunities are new requirements in the ISO14001:2015 standard. It is about risk based thinking incorporated into the entire environmental management system. Risks are determined in relation to the internal and external issues facing the organization so as to provide opportunities that enhance the sustainability of the organization. The environmental aspects and impacts analysis process falls within the risk management framework and process.
This course aims to provide participants with:
- an understanding on the concept of environmental risk and management
- an understanding of the legal requirements in relation to the environmental issues
- an understanding of the Risks and Opportunities framework & process; and the Environmental Aspects & Impacts Process
- determination of significant level in managing the Environmental Impact and the mitigations
- To be aware of the environmental risks and determine opportunities to overcome the risks
- To be aware of the legal requirements so as not to risk the penalty of non-compliance
- To enable the organization to find alternatives in mitigating significant risks associated with products/services that negatively impact the environment
- To reduce cost of managing an organization through reducing, reusing and recycling the use of limited resources
- Overview and Concept on Environmental Risk and Management
- Legal requirements
- Risks and opportunities framework and process
- Identification of the environmental aspect
- Determination of the environmental impact
- The Process on Environmental Aspect and Impact, Risks & Opportunities management
- Case studies
Who Should Attend?
This course has been designed for management representatives, Auditors, Quality personnel, Environmental Management personnel, Process owners, Managers, Supervisors personnel responsible for legal requirements updating and ISO 14001 conformance.
1 Day, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Training Schedule 2017 [ PDF 401 kB ]
Online Registration Form