The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of Food Safety management systems against ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent in accordance with ISO 19011, ISO 22003 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2 hour examination will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Completion. Based on CQI IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as a CQI IRCA registered FSMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
On completion, successful students will be:
- Able to interpret the requirements of ISO 22000 in the context of an FSMS Audit
- Able to check and confirm the FSMS audit objectives and carry out information risk assessment based on the information security threats to assets
- Apply ISO 22000 standard clauses appropriately in an audit situation.
- Able to undertake the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a FSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Understanding of Food Safety Management System
- Understanding ISO 22000 Requirements for assessment / audit process
- Audit Planning / Auditing Techniques
- Practical Auditing
- Audit Reporting / Corrective Action Process
We recommend that participants have prior knowledge of the following to maximize the course benefits:
- Knowledge of the following Food Safety management principles and concepts:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as BRC, GLOBALGAP, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to students’ food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP),
- Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified FSMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
Who Should Attend?
- Line/Support function personnel who are involved in food safety implementation
- Staff who are charged with the responsibility to develop and maintain a FSMS
- All FSMS auditors who wish to acquire an internationally recognized auditor status
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed throughout the course to help students to be familiar with the style of the examination.
5 days (40 hours including a 2 hour written examination)
* Certificates will only be issued to participants with 100% full attendance.
Training Schedule 2018 [ PDF 149 kB ]
Online Registration Form
CQI IRCA Certified courses are conducted under the license of, and certificates are issued in collaboration with TUV SUD Middle East AO017869.