-The course has ended-
About the course
One of the major challenges to overcome in the broad adoption of Additive Manufacturing (AM), also known as 3D printing, is the varying quality of AM-produced parts. The solution: An effective Quality Management (QM) system.
Designed for those looking to enhance their knowledge in ensuring consistent quality, strength and reliability of AM-produced parts, this course introduces you to the most important aspects of quality assurance in AM—from understanding the causes of typical problems encountered, to learning how to incorporate the appropriate technologies and capabilities necessary to qualify AM-produced components.
What will you learn from the course?
In this course, you will have an overview of the requirements of setting up an effective QM system for AM serial production, and the factors you should consider that determines the quality of AM-produced parts. With a well thought out and practiced QM, the fluctuation in quality of parts can be countered.
Topics to be covered in this course include:
1) Typical problems and solutions in implementing 3D printing technology as an Additive Manufacturing (AM) solution
2) Communication of the most important measures for quality adjustment and monitoring
3) Understanding of the factors that determine the AM quality-decisive properties, including, but not limited to:
- Hardware/Machine: Environment and set-up of a machine/production line
- Material: Key properties and handling of raw material
- Process: Production and other influencing parameters
- Workflow/Production chain: Typical error patterns and sensible countermeasures
- Parts: Post-processing steps and final quality gates
4) "AM Health & Safety” Management overview
5) The status of AM standards overview
6) Methods for defining AM part quality
What is the course methodology?
At the training, quality issues are illustrated and made easy to understand by means of examples of errors that typically occur due to incorrect operation.
The cumulative duration of the programme is 2 days. A certificate of participation from TÜV SÜD Product Service GmbH will be handed out at the end of the course.
|Day 1 – 24th September 2018, 9am – 6pm|
|Mid-morning ||Customer Management|
| Day 2 – 25th September 2018, 9am – 6pm|
|Afternoon||AM Health & Safety and AM Standards Overview|