For existing buildings and infrastructures, it is usually necessary to undergo structural appraisal and rehabilitation through its intended lifespan. A building structure may be affected by damages, deterioration, demolition, tunneling work or other changes required for regulatory compliance to building codes of practices.
The building owners and stakeholders can make use of such services to reduce technical risks, prevent errors, control maintenance budgets etc, as well as to understand the implications to the building’s current and future use. TÜV SÜD’s expertise in building and civil structural engineering ensures allows engineers carry out projects smoothly in structures
Structural appraisal and rehabilitation services
TÜV SÜD’s expertise in building and civil structural engineering ensures allows engineers carry out projects smoothly in structures such as;
- Underground pipelines
- Water supply structures
- Jetty structures
We have carried out studies on a wide variety of issues including;
- Building settlement and cracking
- Damp penetration and basement leaks
- Foundation failures
- Corrosion of concrete structures
- Tunnel leakages and corrosion
- Underground pipelines leakage
Restoration and repair
TÜV SÜD provides the commercial and industrial sectors with high quality restoration and repair services. Our civil structural engineering know-how can assist in managing customers’ project in a cost effective manner, while using building materials that last.
Our engineers also help in identifying and preserving features from the restoration period and evaluate the existing conditions of the building materials, to determine whether repair works are necessary.
Other special project services
Forensic Investigation and failure analysis
- Help to understand causes of construction failures, and provide support for insurance
claims, arbitrations, mediations and litigation.
- Identify and label public utilities which are underground, including telephones, electricity, natural gas, cable television, fibre optics etc, prior to excavation on work site
- Helps to plan and design work processes that streamline operations on site
Unexploded ordnance detection
- Detect and locate buried unexploded ordnance such as bombs, bullets, shells, grenades etc, to restore land or marine environments for public or commercial use
- Deploy state of the art rapid scanning techniques for such investigations to help reveal whether excavations need to be undertaken prior to start of projects.
- Help to survey the associated heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems of a building to identify the location of any faults, such as water or air leaks, insulation faults, water infiltration etc, before developing any solutions