Developed by the Quality Excellence for Suppliers of Telecommunications (QuEST) Forum, TL 9000 is the telecommunications industry's set of handbooks for Quality System Requirements and Quality System Metrics. It includes all the requirements of ISO 9001, together with industry-specific requirements for hardware, software and services for continual improvement in the telecommunications industry.
A unique feature of TL 9000 is the inclusion of performance and cost-based metrics that measure reliability and quality performance of products and services. Each TL 9000 registered company need to report its performance relative to those measures/metrics that are applicable to its operations.
Since 31 May 2000, TÜV SÜD PSB has been a Liaison member of the QuEST Forum with endorsement of Motorola and Nokia.
Benefits of TL 9000:
- Continuous improvement of service to subscribers
- Enhanced customer/supplier relationships
- Standardisation of quality system requirements
- Uniform performance and cost-based metrics
- Efficient management of external audits and site visits
- Creation of a platform for improvement initiatives
- We provide objective recommendations for ongoing continuous improvement.
- We focus on the effectiveness of the system and its practicality in the local environment.
- We are a highly professional, independent, impartial and unbiased certification body.
- We have a qualified and experienced pool of auditors around the ASEAN region.
- The TÜV SÜD PSB certificate is recognized and accepted internationally.
"The management understands the importance of impartiality in our certification of management systems. We will use all reasonable efforts to manage all possible conflicts of interest and ensure objectivity of our certification services".