Lightning strikes, short circuits due to component breakdowns can cause product failures and can be dangerous to human and the environment. Switchgear and electrical wiring accessories testing is necessary to ensure product safety and compliance to international regulations/ standards.
Backed by 30 years of experience and being one of the leading test laboratory in the ASEAN region, TÜV SÜD PSB offers safety testing services on a comprehensive range of switchgear & accessories. We have an excellent pool of competent technical experts who are able to test equipment accurately and our reports are well-recognised internationally.
We provide safety testing for various switchgear products as follows:
- Low-voltage switchgear assemblies testing up to 10kA short-circuit breaking capacity.
- Overcurrent and short-circuit testing of circuit breakers up to 10kA short-circuit breaking capacity.
- Lightning impulse testing up to 12kV at 1.2/50µs.
- Temperature-rise testing using alternating current injection up to 6000A at extra-low voltage.
- Low-voltage switchgear electrical endurance testing.
- Time-current tripping characteristics testing of protective devices such as MCBs using primary current injection.
- Fire alarm panels testing.
We have also established a joint current testing scheme with overseas test laboratories capable of generating a short-circuit current of 120kA.
We can test a wide range of switchgear products including but not limited to the following:
- Low-voltage switchboards
- Distribution boards
- Consumer units
- Busbar trunking systems
- Miniature circuit breakers
- Isolating switches
- Residual current-operated circuit breakers
- Steel trunkings
- Fire alarm panels
Our range of electrical wiring accessories products includes but not limited to the following:
- Mechanical switches
- Electronic switches and dimmers
- Switched and unswitched socket-outlets
- Rewirable and non-rewirable plugs
- Fused and unfused adaptors
- Portable socket-outlets
- Connection units
- Ceiling roses
- Cooker control units
- Moulded boxes for electrical wiring accessories
- Portable cable reels
- Appliance switches
- Reduce your business risks by meeting regulatory requirements and standards.
- Increase quality and safety of your products and processes.
- Save time and costs as we provide you with a one-stop testing and certification service.
- Take advantage of our global accreditations.
- Take advantage of our state of the art laboratories with comprehensive testing equipment and professional expertise.
- Increase customer confidence in your product when your product goes through independent testing.
- Shorten your time-to-market and increase market access when you meet regulatory requirements and standards.
- Our team is highly experienced and qualified, which adds value to your processes.