Make a powerful statement about your business
Developed and overseen by Social Accountability International (SAI), SA8000 is an auditable global social accountability / compliance certification standard for decent working conditions. It is based on international workplace norms of International Labour Organisation (ILO) conventions, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. The standard addresses Child Labour, Forced Labour, Health and Safety, Freedom of Association and the Right to Collective Bargaining Discrimination, Discipline, Working Hours, Compensation, and Management Systems.
- Improve worker conditions, leading to a highly motivated workforce and higher quality products
- Continually improve and better manage your supply chain
- Reduce operating costs as penalties due to non-compliance and rework reduce and efficiencies increase
- Demonstrate your proactive commitment to a humane workplace
- Earn the respect of customers, employees, stockholders, regulators and competitors