Primelaw which stands for ‘Practice Management Excellence is a quality standard developed by the Law Society of Singapore for the legal profession. This voluntary standard document describes the requirements for each of the 4 standards that make up the Primelaw which was published by the Society in April 1994. The 4 standards a law practice must satisfy to meet the Primelaw quality mark are forward planning, general management, financial management which includes client accounting and case management.
The standard document found on the Society’s webpage http://www.lawsociety.org.sg/ contains helpful guidelines that enable a law practice to understand what will be required of it during the assessment of the standard.
Primelaw will help a legal practice of any size which undertakes any type of legal work to achieve the following:
- Manage its practice efficiently
- Increase profitability
- Identify and monitor risk issues associated with the practice
- Improve client care
With trained auditors qualified by The Society, TUV SUD PSB is one of the certification bodies in Singapore capable of conducting Primelaw assessment.
- We provide objective recommendations for ongoing continuous improvement.
- We focus on the effectiveness of the system and its practicality in the local environment.
- We are a highly professional, independent, impartial and unbiased certification body.
- We have a qualified and experienced pool of auditors around the ASEAN region.
- The TÜV SÜD PSB certificate is recognized and accepted internationally.
"The management understands the importance of impartiality in our certification of management systems. We will use all reasonable efforts to manage all possible conflicts of interest and ensure objectivity of our certification services".