TÜV SÜD increases sales revenue and earnings (full-length version) (16 December 2009)
- Munich. International service corporation TÜV SÜD has succeeded in holding its own in economically turbulent times. Its sales revenue for 2009 will rise as budgeted from EUR 1.36 billion to EUR 1.4 billion. Following the successful launch of TÜVTURK, TÜV SÜD is focusing on the further internationalization of its business, moving into innovative and profitable fields of growth and positioning itself as an "add value" partner around the globe.
TÜV SÜD increases sales revenue and international growth (abbreviated version) (16 December 2009)
- Munich. In 2009, international service corporation TÜV SÜD AG increased its sales revenue to EUR 1.4 billion (from EUR 1.36 billion in 2008). The number of staff increased by 700 to reach 14,860. "In a year characterized by extraordinary economic turbulence, our company stands for stability, certainty and growth", explained CEO and President Dr Axel Stepken at the annual financial results conference in Munich.
TÜV SÜD selected as 'best verifier' (14 December 2009)
- Munich. The readers of British business magazine "Environmental Finance" have selected TÜV SÜD as best verifier of climate change projects under the Kyoto Protocol. Over the last eight years, the emissions trading experts have realized over 1,200 projects based on the Kyoto Protocol. In TÜV SÜD's view, to be successful a climate change agreement requires clear rules and reliable framework conditions for all parties involved.
TÜV SÜD Asia Pacific Announces New CRO Appointment (01 October 2009)
- Singapore - TÜV SÜD announces the appointment of Mr. Ishan Palit as Chief Regional Officer Asia Pacific, commencing October 1st 2009. Palit succeeds Mr. Dirk Eilers, who will take up the new global role of Chief Executive Officer of the TÜV SÜD Product Service Division.
TÜV SÜD expands global reach in the softlines business (02 September 2009)
- TÜV SÜD has expanded its global softlines business by enhancing its testing, inspection, auditing, certification and training solutions for clothing, textiles and footwear products, extending its global reach, and tasking an experienced global team to drive the business forward. The expansion plan includes offering a holistic one-stop solution across the entire softlines supply chain through customisable services, competitive pricing, expert opinion and training on pertinent issues such as the use of restricted substances, social compliance, and quality and safety management.
Targeted strengthing of expertise on the chemical market (01 July 2009)
- Munich / Leverkusen / Schkopau. With effect from 1 July 2009, TÜV SÜD will take over the Technical Inspection unit of Dow Olefinverbund GmbH, Schkopau. By sealing this takeover, the international service provider continues on its track of continuously expanding services for the chemical and petrochemical industries. The takeover strengthens the position of TÜV SÜD Chemie Service GmbH in central Germany and opens new perspectives for driving internationalization.
Targeted implementation of REACH and GHS with TÜV SÜD (25 May 2009)
- The pre-registration period for chemicals under REACH expired in December 2008, and the new GHS regulation has been in effect since January 2009. Chemicals must now be registered, evaluated, assessed and labelled in phase-in periods. To ensure certain and cost-effective compliance with these more complex requirements, TÜV SÜD assists companies throughout all steps of REACH and GHS implementation.
TÜV SÜD continues its expansion course in spite of the economic crisis (Full-length version) (19 May 2009)
- Munich. Against the backdrop of the global financial and economic crisis, TÜV SÜD AG continued its expansion course in 2008. The revenue of the international service corporation increased to almost EUR 1.4 billion, while EBT remained roughly at the prior-year level, at EUR 107 million. Return on sales improved from 8.0 to 8.7 per cent. Globally, TÜV SÜD recruited approx. 1,000 new employees. Through targeted investments, the service group will further strengthen its international and national competitiveness and thus secure jobs in the long term.
TÜV SÜD continues its expansion course in spite of the economic crisis (Summarized version) (19 May 2009)
- Munich. Against the backdrop of the global financial and economic crisis, TÜV SÜD AG continued its expansion course in 2008. The revenue of the international service corporation increased to almost EUR 1.4 billion, EBT remained roughly at the prior-year level, at EUR 107 million. Globally, TÜV SÜD recruited approximately 1,000 new employees. Through targeted investments, the service group will further strengthen its international and national competitiveness and thus secure jobs in the long-term.
First certification of energy-efficient lifts by TÜV SÜD (28 Apr 2009)
- Munich/Wiedenzhausen. TÜV SÜD has issued the first energy-efficient lift certificate as per VDI Guideline 4707. The energy-efficiency certificate was issued to lifts produced in-house by WITTUR, the lift-component manufacturer. Future plans provide for new lifts and lift components to be placed on the market with energy-efficiency certificates.
TÜV SÜD addresses CPSIA impact on textile, clothing and footwear industry (27 Apr 2009)
- The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), enacted by U.S. Congress in August 2008, sets out new compliance, testing and certification requirements for children’s products that presents a range of new challenges for the Softlines (textile, clothing and footwear) industry.
Mr Dirk Eilers elected as President of Singaporean-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (SGC) (24 Mar 2009)
- Singapore - Mr Dirk Eilers, President and CEO of TÜV SÜD Asia Pacific was elected as President of the Singaporean-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (SGC) today at the SGC Annual General Meeting 2009. In his function as President, he will represent the Chamber and chair the Board to lay down the policies of the Chamber, fostering trade relations between Singapore & Germany.
A comprehensive approach to food safety can combat food terrorism (10 Mar 2009)
- Since the start of the year, news reports have listed bio-terrorism and deadly strains of E. coli as the main food safety issues manufacturers could face in the US in 2009. However, a comprehensive, ‘farm-to-fork approach’ to food safety can help combat these threats, say food safety experts from TÜV SÜD, a Germany-headquartered international technical service provider focusing on testing, certification, training and knowledge services.
“Positive signal to project initiators“ (25 Feb 2009)
- Munich. TÜV SÜD is now also authorized to verify climate-change projects under the Joint Implementation scheme of the Kyoto Protocol. The international service provider is the first company worldwide to hold an accreditation for these services. Projects in industrialized countries can thus now also be verified and approved for emissions trading.
Appointment of Chief Operating Officer, TÜV SÜD Asia Pacific (13 Jan 2009)
- Singapore - TÜV SÜD Asia Pacific recently announced the appointment of Mr Ishan Palit to the position of Chief Operation Officer, Asia Pacific, effective 1 January 2009. Mr Palit’s main responsibilities include the business development of current and new businesses and the top and bottom line accountabilities of the business units in the Asia Pacific Region. His portfolio of responsibilities also includes the Marketing and Innovation functions for the Asia Pacific region.