ISO 20000 is the first worldwide standard specifically aimed at specifying an integrated set of management processes for the effective delivery of high quality IT service management services to businesses and its customers.
The standard comprises two parts : ISO 20000-1, being the 'Specification for Service Management which is certifiable and ISO 20000-2, being the 'Code of practice for Service Management' which describes best practices and the requirements of Part 1. These form a top-down framework to define the features of service management processes that are essential for the delivery of high quality services.
The benefits of ISO 20000 certification are
- Improved quality of service and increased business and customer confidence
- Improved reputation, consistency and interoperability
- Impartial and external standard method of assessment and audit
- Assessments recognised internationally within industry
- Competitive advantage over competitors
- Management and staff understand their roles and processes better
TÜV SÜD PSB has been approved as registered certification body by itSMF since Oct 2005 to operate the IT Service Management System certification scheme.
- by businesses that are going out to tender for their services
- by businesses that require a consistent approach for their services
- by service providers to benchmark their IT service management
- as the basis for an assessment which may lead to a formal certification
- by an organisation who needs to demonstrate the ability to provide services that meet customer requirements; and
- by an organisation which aims to improve service through the effective application of processes to monitor and improve service quality
- We provide objective recommendations for ongoing continuous improvement.
- We focus on the effectiveness of the system and its practicality in the local environment.
- We are a highly professional, independent, impartial and unbiased certification body.
- We have a qualified and experienced pool of auditors around the ASEAN region.
- The TÜV SÜD PSB certificate is recognized and accepted internationally.
"The management understands the importance of impartiality in our certification of management systems. We will use all reasonable efforts to manage all possible conflicts of interest and ensure objectivity of our certification services".