In order to create common food safety standard, German food retailers from the HDE (Hauptverband des Deutschen Einzelhandels) developed a common audit standard in 2002 called International Food Standard or IFS. The aim of IFS is to create a consistent evaluation system for all companies supplying retailer branded food products with uniform formulations, uniform audit procedures and mutual acceptance of audits, so as to create a high level of transparency throughout the supply chain.
Benefits of IFS:
- Operating costs drop as rework is reduced, efficiencies increase and penalties due to non-compliance reduce.
- Customers, employees, stockholders, regulators and competitors develop sustainable respect for an organization which demonstrates its proactive commitment to food safety.
- We provide objective recommendations for ongoing continuous improvement.
- We focus on the effectiveness of the system and its practicality in the local environment.
- We are a highly professional, independent, impartial and unbiased certification body.
- We have a qualified and experienced pool of auditors around the ASEAN region.
- The TÜV SÜD PSB certificate is recognized and accepted internationally.
"The management understands the importance of impartiality in our certification of management systems. We will use all reasonable efforts to manage all possible conflicts of interest and ensure objectivity of our certification services".