Carbon footprint refers to the amount (tons/kg) of emitted greenhouse gases throughout a product's manufacture- from design, production to distribution.
Products with lower carbon footprints are seen to be more environmentally-friendly, has a more efficient manufacturing process with lower resource wastage and/or uses more environmentally- friendly materials.
TÜV SÜD PSB is able to provide the following services;
- Carbon inventory management: Identifying the key sources of your GHG emissions, calculate the emissions and assisting in developing inventory manuals.
- GHG emissions analysis : Generate technical reports based on studies conducted at own operational levels, supply chain processes as well as customers’ to determine entire product's carbon footprint.
- Boundaries setting: Identifying operational and system boundaries as per the requirements of PAS 2050 and ISO 14064 standards, giveing in-house training as per standard guidelines when requested.
- Improve competitiveness by increasing operational efficiency
- Provides assurance that carbon footprint data is consistent and accurate by engaging TÜV SÜD PSB’s services.
- Adhere to regulatory and voluntary schemes relating to GHG emissions.
"The management understands the importance of impartiality in our certification of management systems. We will use all reasonable efforts to manage all possible conflicts of interest and ensure objectivity of our certification services".